A 2-part instant bonding system, which comprises of a high strength adhesive and accelerator.
Bored of waiting around for your adhesive to dry? Then try our Mitre Kit. This contains an adhesive plus a handy accelerator which when used together form an almost instantaneous super strength bonding of wood mitres, rubbers, plastics, ceramics and also skin (so please be careful!).
Size: 20g and 200ml.
Shelf Life: Minimum 12 month shelf life.
Most Suited For:
- Fine joints, such as mitres where a close aesthetically pleasing joint is required.
- MDF chipboard.
- All common timbers.
Not Suited For:
- Permanent glass bonding.
- Oily or greasy surfaces.
- Olefinic or fluro polymers may require specialised bonding techniques.
Required H&S Products:
- Safety Glasses / Goggles.
- Gloves - for e.g. PVC gloves.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the surfaces to be bonded.
- Apply accelerator to a test sample to check application level; this helps to avoid overuse which may result in staining.
- Spray aerosol lightly over one face or the joint and allow to dry.
- Apply adhesive to the other face and bring together immediately.
- Apply gentle pressure.
This is only a short overview on how to use the product and does not cover all the necessary points. Therefore, please click the ‘Product Information Sheet’ link below for more information.
- Avoid eye contact. Will bond skin and eyes in seconds. In the event of contact wash with running water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Ensure good ventilation.
- Avoid contact with skin. Wear gloves. Drench with water, do not touch anything. Do not try to prise apart. It is probable that natural skin oils with cause the bond to fail. If glued skin sticks seek medical advice.
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water or a proprietary hand cleaner after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Please click link below for a more in-depth safety analysis.
Can staining occur with this product?
Over application of the accelerator can result in staining on some materials. This stain may not become visible for several hours after application. We advise that you carry out a test sample to check application level to avoid staining on the final job.
What are the bonding times for this product?
In ambient conditions plastics will bond in 5-10 seconds, rubbers 1-3 seconds and timber will take 5-10 seconds to bond.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.