PU Expanding Foam
Gun Grade or Hand Held PU Foam? Sometimes a difficult choice...but it doesn't have to be with MEGAFOAM! This fast-setting, high-quality expanding foam can be used with either the included straw nozzle or a PU foam applicator gun.
It is a multi-purpose, ready to use foam which bonds, fills, seals and insulates most construction materials. Once cured it can be cut, sawn, sanded, painted or plastered over.
In addition, unlike most other products, MEGAFOAM can be used at any angle! Therefore, it is more comfortable and no matter how awkward the area you are trying to work in MEGAFOAM makes application a lot easier.
It also has the advantages of having a high yield with less work and twice the shelf life of a standard can. All in all, a must-have product!
Shelf Life: 24 months.
Most Suited For:
- Adhering to all common building materials.
- Window and door setting.
- Entrance door linings.
- Any kind of small breakthroughs in walls and other cavities.
- Pipe and cable entries.
Not Suited For:
- Complies to the latest EU regulations banning all CFC- and HCFC-propellants.
- The development and manufacture of this product is subject to an approved quality assurance system to ISO 9001/EN 29001.
Required H&S Products:
- Respiratory mask (Filter AP2).
- Impervious Gloves - e.g. PVC gloves or Nitrile Gloves.
- Goggles / Safety Specs.
- Surfaces to be bonded must be thoroughly clean, dry and firm.
- They must be moistened well with water.
- The ideal working temperature for both the can and environment is 20 °C. Chilled cans must be carefully warmed in luke-warm water before usage. However, the can must not be heated above 50 °C, as there is a risk of bursting.
- Prior to work, and before the adaptor or gun is attached, the can must be shaken thoroughly at least 15-20 times.
- Then attach the adapter firmly to the valve.
- Foam will expand by 1.5 to 2 times therefore do not overfill joints.
- Fresh foam spills must be removed immediately within the tack-free time with foam cleaner.
- Moisture is needed for an even and rapid curing of the foam. Inadequate moistening or overfilling of joints and cavities may lead to an unwanted post-expansion of the foam.
This is only a short overview on how to use the product and does not cover all the necessary points. Therefore, please click the ‘Product Information Sheet’ link below for more information.
- Flammable – Remove all sources of ignition. Do not smoke.
- Avoid eye contact. In the event of contact wash with running water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention. Wear goggles.
- Ensure good ventilation – avoid breathing vapours – harmful by inhalation. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear our recommended respiratory equipment. In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (if possible show the label).
- Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Cured material will leave a brown stain, allow stain to fade naturally over 2-3 days. Do not try to remove with abrasive. Wear gloves.
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water or a proprietary hand cleaner after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Please click link below for a more in-depth safety analysis.
Once you have started a can of Mega Foam how long do you have to use the product?
Once a can has been started, it should be used within 4 weeks.
Can I use the Foam Cleaner to clean cured foam.
No, if you want to remove cured foam you will have to do this mechanically.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.