DAMP PROOF CREAM 1 LITRE
1 Litre Damp Proof Cream
Rising Damp? No Problem, use Dampout+ Damp Proofing Cream
DampOut+ Damp Proofing Cream is our concentrated siloxane damp proof cream used to remedy Rising Damp.
This Damp Proof Cream is easily installed by injection into 12mm holes drilled along the mortar bed of the property. For detailed installation instructions, visit our How To Install Damp Proofing Cream.
DampOut+ Damp Proofing Cream works by providing an impermeable barrier across the mortar bed. Once injected, chemicals in the Damp Proof Cream diffuse through the mortar, spreading a water-repellent resin that creates a waterproof barrier stopping rising damp from moving up the walls.
Size: 400ml Damp Proof Cream Cartridge.
Shelf Life: Up to 12 months if stored correctly in unopened container.
Most Suited For:
- Damp / wet brick walls.
- Damp / wet masonry walls.
- Damp / wet stone walls.
- Damp/ wet concrete walls.
- Internal and external walls.
- Standard Caulking Gun for 400ml Damp Proof Cream cartridges.
Recommended H&S Products:
- Safety glasses / goggles.
- Dust Mask (for drilling)
- Ear Defenders (for drilling)
For more information on this product, see our Damp Proof Cream Product Data Sheet.
Where a property suffers from Rising Damp, mineral salt deposits (nitrates and chlorides) may be present. When ground water rises into walls, it may carry with it soluble mineral salt which get deposited on the surface of the walls where water evaporates. You may be able to feel salt deposits by running your hands around the affected areas of walls.
These mineral salt deposits are hygroscopic and so are able to absorb moisture from the air. This can result in the appearance of damp, even after the Damp Proof Cream has been installed.
Where plaster has been contaminated with salt deposits, it should be removed after the Damp Proof Cream has been installed and after the plaster has dried out. When re-plastering, you should include an Integral Waterproofer.
For detailed instructions on installation, see our How To Install Damp Proof Cream guide.
For more information on Dampout+ Damp Proof Cream, visit our Damp Proof Cream Product Data Sheet.
For more information on Rising Damp, visit our How To Identify and Treat Rising Damp guide.
- Locate a mortar joint at least 150mm above external ground level. For internal walls, insert the cream in a mortar joint as close to the internal floor level as can be achieved.
- Drill 12mm diameter holes horizontally in the mortar bed to a depth of 10mm less than the wall thickness at centres no greater than 100mm.
- Remove all the dust from the holes.
- If walls are dry or mildly damp, spray water into the holes until absorbed by mortar. This is a very important step as it increases the effectiveness of the product.
- Fit DPC cartridge with nozzle supplied.
- Inject the DPC cream slowly into each hole using a standard 400ml caulking gun.
- Extend the nozzle of the gun to the rear of the hole and slowly withdraw the nozzle as the cream fills the hole.
- Holes in external walls can be easily capped with SkilledBuild Injection Plugs or alternatively use silicone, resin or mortar.
- Internal holes should be plugged or plastered over using a suitable rennovation plaster, or by simply covering with a skirting board.
This is only a short overview on how to use the product and does not cover all the necessary points. Therefore, please click the 'Product Information Sheet' link below for more information.
- SkilledBuild DampOut+ DPC injection cream does not have a hazard classification and is therefore a low risk product.
- Silicone emulsion formulations may cause mild irritation, therefore, wear lightweight impermeable gloves when handling.
- Wash splashes from skin and eyes immediately.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep in original container in a safe place.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.