BITUMEN PRIMER 5 LITRES
Use to prime surfaces before applying bituminous materials.
Want to get the most out of your Bitumen Paint or flashing tapes? Then you need to buy Bitumen Primer!
This highly penetrative, fast drying, general purpose product seals and prepares substrates; allowing bituminous materials to be applied with ease and to produce far more effective results.
Size: 5 litres.
Shelf Life: Minimum of 5 years under good storage conditions in original unopened containers.
Usage: 4-6m2 per 1 litre (dependant on substrate porosity).
Most Suited For:
- Concrete roofs and floors.
- Cementitious screeds/ renders.
- Bitumen felt.
- Mastic asphalt.
- Weathered corrugated iron and steel.
Required H&S Products:
- PVC gloves.
- Safety Goggles / Glasses.
• Thoroughly clean surface to be treated.
• Surface to be treated must be completely free of water.
• On bare metal a rust inhibiting product, such as red oxide or zinc phosphate, should be applied and allowed to harden prior to application.
• Bitumen primer is supplied ready for use.
• Apply a thin coat by brush, roller spray and avoid pooling.
• Primer should extend at least 75mm beyond the area to be waterproofed.
• Leave to dry for 3-6 hours.
This is only a short overview on how to use the product and does not cover all the necessary points. Therefore, please click the ‘Product Information Sheet’ link below for more information.
• Flammable: Keep away from sources of ignition including pilot lights and sparks.
• Skin Contact: Contains solvents that cause de-fatting of the skin and, in extreme circumstances, dermatitis. Avoid contact by careful working and use of a barrier cream on hands, arms and other exposed areas or wear gloves. Remove skin contamination immediately with a proprietary hand cleaner and wash with soap and water.
• Eye Contact: Avoid contact. Could have an irritating effect in the event of accidental contact, wash eyes immediately with clean water for 15 minutes and obtain medical attention.
• Inhalation: Contains solvent. Stand upwind of the work to avoid inhalation. Switch off all working ventilation inlets prior to using this material; leave covered until there is no odour of the solvent in the vicinity. In the event of discomfort as a result of inhalation move person to fresh air. If discomfort persists seek medical advice.
• Oral Ingestion: With proper handling this should not occur. The possibility can be minimised by not consuming food in the working environment and by washing hands thoroughly before eating, drinking or smoking.
• Spillage: Spilt material should be mopped up immediately with an inert absorbent material, such as sand, and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
Please click link below for a more in-depth safety analysis.
How should I clean my tools after using the Bitumen Primer?
You can clean tools or any spills with paraffin (kerosene) or white spirit.
How long does it take for the Bitumen Paint to dry?
It takes approximately 3-6 hours depending on the drying conditions.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.