N-VIROBOR 20 GEL - BORON WOOD PRESERVATIVE
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER MANUFACTURED. AS AN ALTERNATIVE, YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN N-VIROBOR 10. ENTER N05001 INTO THE SEARCH BAR.
If your timbers are at high risk from fungal decay or insect attack then you should invest in N-VIROBOR 20!
This brushable / injectable, deeply penetrating, wood preservative gel offers maximum protection against timber rotting fungi and wood boring insects. The dual protection comes from the fact that N-VIROBOR 20 is boron-based. Boron is a naturally occuring mineral with a long history of use and success in the treatment of dry/wet rot and wood eating insects.
The high level of boron in our product (up to 20 times more active ingredient than many conventional paste formulations), combined with its gel formulation provides for excellent penetration into timber; particularly damp timbers which are especially vulnerable to fungal attack.
In addition, this low odour gel advantageously provides protection without altering the wood; it leaves no surface residues after treatment, is non staining and can be painted over in time.
Please note that this high strength wood preserver is for professional use only.
Size: 1l and 5l containers.
Most Suited for:
All timbers at high risk of damage or decay such as:
- Joist ends.
- Wall plates.
- Cut ends.
- Rafter ends.
Required H&S Products:
- PVC Gloves.
- Safety Goggles / Glasses.
- Respirator / Dust Mask.
This gel is designed to be applied by either brush directly to the surface of the timber or via injection.
- Apply 1 litre of product per 2m2 of timber surface.
- The application should resemble a thick coating of gloss paint.
- Depending on the density of the timber, it can take several days for the N-Virobor to soak into the timber.
- For effective results wood should be bare and clean. N-Virobor 20 Gel will not penetrate through paint, varnish, or other treatments which seal the surface of the timber. Such coatings must therefore be removed prior to treatment.
- Apply a generous brushed coat, taking special care to ensure that end grain, corners, joints and crevices are treated.
Application by Injection
- Inject product into pre-drilled holes as necessary.
- (COSHH) Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 may apply to the use of this product at work. Engineering control of operator exposure must be used where reasonably practicable in addition to the following items of personal protective equipment. Wear suitable protective clothing and suitable gloves. Wear suitable eye / face protection (when diluting).
- AVOID EXCESSIVE CONTAMINATION OF COVERALLS AND LAUNDER REGULARLY.
- Do not breathe spray mist. Otherwise wear respiratory protective equipment and eye protection.
- DO NOT CONTAMINATE FOODSTUFFS, EATING UTENSILS OR FOOD CONTACT SURFACES.
- This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way.
- This product contains substances which are known to be hazardous to the environment. Do not contaminate ground, waterbodies, or watercourses with chemicals or used containers.
- UNPROTECTED PERSONS AND ANIMALS SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM TREATED AREAS FOR 48 HOURS OR UNTIL SURFACES ARE DRY.
- May impair fertility.
- May cause harm to unborn child.
- COVER ALL WATER STORAGE TANKS before application.
- DO NOT USE NEAR DRAINS, PREVENT ANY SURFACE RUN-OFF FROM ENTERING DRAINS.
- WASH ANY CONTAMINATION from skin or eyes immediately.
- WASH HANDS AND EXPOSED SKIN before meals and after use.
- Keep only in the original container. Keep container tightly closed.
- KEEP IN A SAFE PLACE.
- Keep out of reach from children.
- If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
- Use only in accordance with the directions on the label.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.