TOUGHBOND+ PU ADHESIVE
TOUGHBOND+ PU ADHESIVE is suitable for timber and building products and has been developed using the latest fast curing, sea water and chemical resistant Polyurethane technology; meaning it is capable of making bonds stronger than wood itself.
The adhesive is so effective because it expands slightly when curing to fill gaps and ensure maximum adhesion is achieved.
It dries in just 30 minutes to produce an extra strong strength and can be used indoors or out.
Shelf Life: Use within 6 months.
Most Suited For:
- General joinery.
- Window and door manufacture and repair.
- Insulation boards.
- Garden furniture.
- furniture manufacturing processes.
- Model making.
- Joints may come into constant contact with water or exposure to high humidity.
- Hard and Soft woods.
- Laminated boards.
- Most porous materials.
Certificates/Approvals: D4 water resistance classification to EN204 and EN205.
Required H&S Products:
- Safety Goggles / Glasses.
- PVA or Nitrile Gloves.
- Ensure all surfaces are completely clean and dry.
- Apply the adhesive to one surface only then bring the two surfaces together immediately. Apply firm pressure and clamp for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Remove excess adhesive while wet using a cloth.
- Dried ToughBond+ PU can be sanded off or scraped with a knife or chisel.
- Good bond strength is achieved after 30 minutes but will enhance for 24 hours.
- Contains isocyanates. See information supplied by the manufacturer.
- Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. May cause sensitisation by inhalation and skin contact. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In the event of contact, irrigate eyes immediately with clean water for 15 minutes and wash skin contamination with soap and water. Harmful by inhalation. Do not breathe vapour. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves. In case of accident or if you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible).
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Contains 4’4’ diphenylmethanediisocyanate, isomers and homologues.
- Limited evidence of carcinogenic effect.
- Harmful: danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure through inhalation.
- In case of accident by inhalation, remove casualty to fresh air and keep at rest.
- Persons already sensitised to diisocyanates may develop allergic reactions when using this product.
- Persons suffering from asthma, eczema or skin problems should avoid contact, including dermal contact, with this product. This product should not be used under conditions of poor ventilation unless a protective mask with an appropriate gas filter (i.e. type A1 according to standard EN 14387) is used.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.