DAMP PROOF CREAM
Chemical Damp Proof Cream.
Rising damp? No problem, use DampOut+ Damp Proof Cream
DampOut+ Damp Proof Cream is our advanced, concentrated siloxane damp-course injection cream which stops rising damp dead. It is suitable for brick, stone and masonry walls and can advantageously be applied from either inside or out.
Our Damp Proof Cream is ideally suited for walls with existing damp problems and is formulated to be applied into damp and wet walls. Please note that since this Damp Proof Cream has been tailored to meet the needs of those with existing rising damp, application to dry walls may not result in completely effective results.
Size: Available in 400ml and 1 litre cartridges.
Shelf Life: Up to 12 months if stored correctly in unopened container.
Most Suited For:
- Damp / wet brick walls.
- Damp / wet masonry walls.
- Damp / wet stone walls.
- Inside or outside application.
- Standard Caulking Gun for 400ml Damp Proof Cream Cartridges.
- Professional 1 litre DPC Injection Gun for 1 litre Damp Proof Cream Cartridges.
Required H&S Products:
- Safety glasses / goggles.
- Locate a mortar joint at least 150mm above external ground level. For internal walls, insert the Damp Proof Cream in a mortar joint as close to the internal floor level as can be achieved.
- Drill 12mm diameter holes horizontally in the mortar bed to a depth of 10mm less than the wall thickness at centres no greater than 100mm.
- Remove all the dust from the holes.
- If walls are dry or mildly damp, spray water into the holes until absorbed by mortar. This is a very important step as it increases the effectiveness of the product.
- Fit damp proof cream cartridge with nozzle supplied.
- Inject the damp proof cream slowly into each hole using a standard 400ml caulking gun.
- Extend the nozzle of the gun to the rear of the hole and slowly withdraw the nozzle as the cream fills the hole.
- Holes in external walls can be easily capped with SkilledBuild Injection Plugs or alternatively use silicone, resin or mortar.
- Internal holes should be plugged or plastered over using a suitable rennovation plaster, or by simply covering with a skirting board.
This is only a short overview on how to use the product and does not cover all the necessary points. Therefore, please click the 'Product Information Sheet' link below for more information.
- SkilledBuild DampOut+ DPC injection cream does not have a hazard classification and is therefore a low risk product.
- Silicone emulsion formulations may cause mild irritation, therefore, wear lightweight impermeable gloves when handling.
- Wash splashes from skin and eyes immediately.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep in original container in a safe place.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.