For use only by professional operators. For use only as a wood preservative.
Your home may be at risk! It is a common misconception that woodworm only effects older properties, however, this is simply not the case and extreme damage can also be caused in newly constructed buildings. In fact, any wooden structure, furniture or worktop can be infected with woodworm eggs or larvae without it being overly apparent. These larvae then consume the wood before leaving when they have reached maturity.
There are a few tell tale signs that you might have woodworm and if you spot them then you should use SkilledBuild Woodworm Killer straight away to prevent any further damage. These indicators are small round holes in your woodwork (think of the holes in a dart board), fine, powdery dust around these holes, crumbly edges to boards and joists and perhaps even adult beetles emerging from the holes or being found around the house.
SkilledBuild Woodworm Killer is a premium, concentrated, microemulsion insecticide based on the low toxicity contact insecticide Permethrin; which has been specially designed to prevent re-infestation as well as eradicate Common Furniture Beetle (Anobium punctatum) and other wood destroying insects. Permethrin's well known effectiveness as a remedial insecticide has been enhanced further by the use of a micro emulsion systems which means that optimum pesticide dosing occurs.
Our Woodworm Killer is fast acting, effective, economical and has the major advantage that it has virtually no smell making it easy to use without filling your house with toxic fumes!
For more details on our Woodworm Killer and how to kill Woodworm effectively, click here to be taken to our information page.
Size: 1 litre.
Usage: Dilute 1 litre of product with 24 litres of water.
For Spray: Apply 1 litre of diluted product per 4m2 of timber surface.
For Dipping: Dip timber in diluted product for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Window Frames.
- Roof Timbers.
- Floor Boards.
- External and Internal Use.
- PVC/Nitrile Gloves.
- Safety Goggles / Glasses.
- Ensure all timber surfaces are adequately exposed and clean, as well as being free from previously applied paint coatings, varnishes etc.
- Where there are signs of previous infestation, a full structural assessment may be necessary to determine whether any timbers need to be replaced before treatment.
- Dilute the concentrated woodworm killer by adding 1 litre of the product to 24 litres of water.
- Apply the diluted product by either brush or low pressure spray giving a course droplet.
- The timber should be saturated to refusal.
- Irritating to eyes. May cause sensitisation by skin contact.
- Very toxic to aquatic organisms. May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Wash any contamination from skin or eyes immediately.
- Keep only in the original container. Keep container tightly closed. Keep in a safe place. Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this label or container.
- Ensure adequate ventilation before reoccupation.
- To avoid risks to man and the environment, comply with instructions for use.
- For use only as a Wood Preservative.
- For use only by professional operators.
Can I paint over the treated wood?
Yes you can paint, stain or varnish when dry.
Can I use this product outside?
Yes you can SkilledBuild Woodworm Killer both indoors and outdoors.
Standard delivery rates and times apply for this product.